Words Of Encouragement
“A woman is the full circle. Within her is the power to create, nurture and transform.” — Diane Mariechild
“We can do no great things, only small things with great love.” — Mother Teresa
“If you’re feeling helpless, help someone.” — Aung San Suu Kyi“One’s life has value so long as one attributes value to the life of others, by means of love, friendship, indignation and compassion.” — Simone De Beauvoir
“People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” — Maya Angelou
“If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” — Mother Teresa
“No one has ever become poor by giving.” — Anne Frank
“People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed, and redeemed. Never throw out anyone.” — Audrey Hepburn
“Life shrinks or expands in proportion with one’s courage.” — Anaïs Nin
“It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to your enemies, but even more to stand up to your friends.” — J.K. Rowling
“I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” — Rosa Parks
“When the whole world is silent, even one voice becomes powerful.” — Malala Yousafzai
“Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are not great because of their technique, they are great because of their passion.” — Martha Graham
“The most beautiful thing you can wear is confidence.” — Blake Lively
“I may not be perfect, but parts of me are pretty awesome.” — Anonymous
“Do you want to meet the love of your life? Look in the mirror.” — Byron Katie
“No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
“I think the best way to have confidence is not to allow everyone else’s insecurities to be your own.” — Jessie J
“I’m stronger than I thought I was. My favorite phrase has been ‘This too shall pass.’ I now understand it really well.” — Robin Roberts
“When there is no struggle, there is no strength.” — Oprah
“Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” — Judy Garland
Words Of Encouragement For Friends
To my friends, Thanks for being there for me. I’m grateful for you!
Your friendship means so much to me, far more than words can say and even though we’re far apart, I think of you each day.
Best friends are hard to find because the very best one is already mine.
Count your life by smiles not tears. Count your age by friends not years.
She is your best friend because she believes in you when you don’t believe in yourself.
I will always be praying for my sweet friend.
There is nothing better than the encouragement of a good friend.
You’re in a storm right now. I’ll hold your umbrella.
Today will never come again. Be a blessing. Be a friend. Encourage someone. Take time to Care. Let your words heal, and not friend.
Be positive, Stay happy. Don’t let the negativity or drama of the world get you down. Smile my friend.
God gave you this life because he knew you were strong enough to live it.
Dear best friend, I don’t know how to thank you but I’m lucky to have you in my life.
A true friend is someone who thinks you are a good egg even though he knows you are slightly cracked.
A single rose can be my garden… a single friend, my world.-Leo Buscaglia
If you make friends with yourself you will never be alone.-Maxwell Maltz
To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world.-Brandi Snyder
The best kind of friend is a praying friend.
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Just keep swimming.
When the world says “Give up”. Hope whispers. “Try it one more time”.
Words Of Encouragement For Work
“Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work in hand. The sun’s rays do not burn until brought to a focus. “Alexander Graham Bell
“Either you run the day or the day runs you.”Jim Rohn
“I’m a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it.”Thomas Jefferson
“When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.”Paulo Coelho
“Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”Thomas Edison
“You’ve got to get up every morning with determination if you’re going to go to bed with satisfaction.”George Lorimer
“Don’t judge each day by the harvest you reap but by the seeds that you plant.”Robert Louis Stevenson
“Just one small positive thought in the morning can change your whole day.”Dalai Lama
“One of the best pieces of advice I ever got was from a horse master. He told me to go slow to go fast. I think that applies to everything in life. We live as though there aren’t enough hours in the day but if we do each thing calmly and carefully we will get it done quicker and with much less stress.”Viggo Mortensen
“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t – you’re right.”Henry Ford
“Time is an equal opportunity employer. Each human being has exactly the same number of hours and minutes every day. Rich people can’t buy more hours. Scientists can’t invent new minutes. And you can’t save time to spend it on another day. Even so, time is amazingly fair and forgiving. No matter how much time you’ve wasted in the past, you still have an entire tomorrow.”Denis Waitley
“Don’t wish it were easier. Wish you were better.”Jim Rohn
“Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.”Dale Carnegie
“Developing a good work ethic is key. Apply yourself at whatever you do, whether you’re a janitor or taking your first summer job because that work ethic will be reflected in everything you do in life.”Tyler Perry
Words Of Encouragement From The Bible
John 14:27 Peace I leave with you;my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
Psalm 55:22 Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved
2 Corinthians 4:16-18 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day. For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.
Psalm 9:9-10 The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble.
Psalm 34:10b Those who seek the Lord lack no good thing.
Isaiah 26: 3-4 Those of steadfast mind you keep in peace—because they trust in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for in the Lord God you have an everlasting rock.
1 Chronicles 16:11 Seek the LORD and his strength; seek his presence continually!
Psalm 32:7-8 You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.
1 Thessalonians 5:11 Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.
Deuteronomy 31:8 It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed.
Words Of Encouragement For Hard Times
“Fall seven times, stand up eight.”– Japanese Proverb
“When the going gets tough, the tough get going.”—Joseph Kennedy
“Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H Schuller
“You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
“When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.”—Franklin D. Roosevelt
“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”— Confucius
“The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
“Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles. It empties today of its strength.” – Corrie ten Boom
“Inside of a ring or out, ain’t nothing wrong with going down. It’s staying down that’s wrong.” – Muhammad Ali
“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
“We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King
“The greatest glory in living lies not in never failing, but in rising every time we fail.” – Nelson Mandela
“It is under the greatest adversity that there exists the greatest potential for doing good, both for oneself and others.” – Dalai Lama
“What lies behind you and what lies in front of you, pales in comparison to what lies inside of you.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
“Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.”—Thomas Edison
“When you look deeply into your anger you will see that the person you call your enemy is also suffering. As soon as you see that, then your capacity for accepting and having compassion for them is there.” – Thich Nhat Hanh
Words Of Encouragement Quotes1. “It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always.” –Oprah Winfrey
2. “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.” –Og Mandino
3. “Courage, dear heart.” –C.S. Lewis
4. “In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” –Albert Einstein
5. “It doesn’t matter how slow you go as long as you don’t stop.” –Confucius
6. “He who has a why to live can bear almost any how.” –Friedrich Nietzsche
7. “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” –Theodore Roosevelt
8. “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson9. “Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” –J.K. Rowling
10. “The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, not to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly.” –Buddha
11. “A bird doesn’t sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song.” –Maya Angelou
12. “And you ask ‘What if I fall?’ Oh but my darling, what if you fly?” –Erin Hanson
13. “Embrace uncertainty. Some of the most beautiful chapters in our lives won’t have a title until much later.” –Bob Goff
Words Of Encouragement For Students
1. Believe you can and you’re halfway there.
2. You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them.
3. It always seems impossible until it’s done.
4. Don’t let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do. – John Wooden
5. Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. – Arthur Ashe
6. Successful and unsuccessful people do not vary greatly in their abilities. They vary in their desires to reach their potential. – John Maxwell
7. The secret of success is to do the common things uncommonly well. – John D. Rockefeller
8. Good things come to people who wait, but better things come to those who go out and get them.
9. Strive for progress, not perfection.
10. I find that the harder I work, the more luck I seem to have. – Thomas Jefferson
11. Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out. – Robert Collier
12. Don’t wish it were easier; wish you were better. – Jim Rohn
13. I don’t regret the things I’ve done. I regret the things I didn’t do when I had the chance.
14. There are two kinds of people in this world: those who want to get things done and those who don’t want to make mistakes. – John Maxwell
15. The secret to getting ahead is getting started.
16. You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.
17. The expert in everything was once a beginner.
18. There are no shortcuts to any place worth going. – Beverly Sills
19. Push yourself, because no one else is going to do it for you.
20. Some people dream of accomplishing great things. Others stay awake and make it happen.
21. There is no substitute for hard work. – Thomas Edison
22. The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little “extra.”
23. You don’t always get what you wish for; you get what you work for.
24. It’s not about how bad you want it. It’s about how hard you’re willing to work for it.
25. The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary. – Vidal Sassoon
26. There are no traffic jams on the extra mile. – Zig Ziglar
27. If people only knew how hard I’ve worked to gain my mastery, it wouldn’t seem so wonderful at all. – Michelangelo
Words Of Encouragement For Sick Person
“Hope you get to feeling better soon!”
“Looking forward to seeing you back at practice when you’re ready.”
“Wishing you well.”
“Take extra good care!”
“Here’s to you—steadier, stronger and better every day.”
“We hope you’re taking it slow and easy right now.”
“Take your sweet time getting well!”
“Sending good, healthy vibes your way.”
“Warmest wishes for a speedy recovery!”
“Miss you around here!”
“Lifting you up in my prayers during your treatments.”
“I’m sure you’ll be up to your old tricks again in no time!”
“Hope you feel a little better every day.”
“You’re in all our warmest thoughts as you recover from your accident.”
“Hope it won’t be long till you’re out of the hospital.”
“Think of this as the universe telling you to watch more TV.”
“Hope you’re catching up on your cookbook reading!”
Writing tip: A short “miss you” message can be great for a classmate, co-worker or neighbor confined to a hospital or home because of an injury or illness. It’s a nice little reminder that they’re important to you.
“You mean so much to me. Hope you’re feeling better very soon.”
“Hope it helps a little to know how lovingly you’re thought of.”
“God bless you through your recovery.”
“Just sending a little get-well sunshine your way because you’re always a bright spot in my days.”
“Love you and think of you all the time.”
“Love you…hate that you’re sick.”
“I know you, and I know you’ll beat this.”
“Ugh. I hate it when my favorite people get hurt.”
“I have faith that you’ll be better really soon.”
“Sending hugs and love.”
“Saying extra prayers for your recovery.”
“No fair. You’re way too nice to be this sick.”
“The things you’ll do for attention! Well, you’ve got mine for as long as this takes.”
“Get better and get back to your amazing self soon!”
“I realize just how much I need you when you’re out of commission.”
“If you need me to come over and tell you that you don’t look sick, call me.”
“Go ahead and milk this as long as you can. I would.”